Monday, February 14, 2005

little things

Things I liked about today:

- Seeing the uber preppie guy on the train that had spacers in his ears.

- Coming home and seeing the lights of New York City prism through my rain speckled windows.

- Getting my new iskin for my home keyboard. (In the pretty blue that matches my computer)

- Knowing I only have to work three days this week.

- Allowing myself to decide to have a wild and crazy bash Friday night for my birthday.

- Eating fondue and drinking obscene amounts of wine with good friends.

- Suspecting that there is actually a surprise bash already in the works for me this weekend.

Things that made me sad today:

- Nostalgia for working with people who have massive amounts of tattoos, body piercings, and spacers in their ears.

- Coming home and not seeing someone reflected in the light from the rain prisms made by my windows.

- Not being able to travel somewhere with my time off.

- That it was not assumed that everyone had planned for a bash a month ahead of time because my birthday is coming.

- Suspecting that there is actually a surprise bash already in the works for me this weekend.

I think I'm ready to make some changes in my life. Starting by finding a new job. Something a little kookier, surrounded by more liberal types. Someplace less dictated by routine, by schedule. It has been interesting trying on the window office management role, but I think I'm over it. Only took me a month, huh?

You know, I actually looked into auditioning to be a VJ for Fuse TV. I'm just over the age limit, the bastards. I was going to try to lie and apply anyway, but I was a day late hearing about open call and missed it. When did I become the appropriate age for VH1? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

No comments: