Monday, February 07, 2005

calm after the storm

I am feeling much better today. Sleep is a great healer, really. Also, finally turned back on my phone and checked my voicemail. Seems one friend called to apologize and was concerned for my well being. My frustration has subsided. I do love only having a cell phone, nothing like turning myself off from the rest of the world.

Likewise, I am very much looking forward to my doctor's appt this evening. It is my last post-surgery checkup with my plastic surgeon. He completely reconstructed my abdominal wall, including a couple of patches of the wunder kind alloderm. The thing is, not only is he a super duper plastic surgeon, he is also a way cool super geek. I swear every time I go in we talk for a half an hour about cool stuff. Like how do you pick good interns? Do you ever have to fire them? How do you get your own line of products? Who really does the research? Where do the chemicals come from? Are you ever in a public place and hear the famous "is there a doctor in the house?" If you do, do you respond?

So much fun! I am saddened that we get no more rap sessions. No, it is not worth me getting optional surgery; I have been cut open enough to last me a while. But if you are looking for a good guy in NYC, drop me a line. This guy knows his stuff.

No comments: