Wednesday, March 23, 2005

rainy days and mondays...

don't necessarily get me down. For some reason I just love dreary days.

I woke up this morning sad. I have had a bad couple of weeks, it is so rare for me to be depressed but it seems I have been on a roll. This morning I finally understood those song lyrics about finding the strength to go on. It was like my spirits had gained 100 pounds, it took concentration to move. It was like walking under water. Laborious.

After I got ready for work I logged onto weather.com to see the forecast for the day. The ultimate miserable day was in store - windy, damp, rainy/sleety/snowy. Due to get colder and windier as the day progressed.

Reading this made me feel a little better. Just a bit.

Throughout the day, people would stop in my office, look out the window and moan. Oh, what lousy weather. Wow, it's such a mess out there. Me, I kind of think like that blind melon song, I like seeing the puddles gather rain. There is something so soothing to me in seeing the world look as sad and mean as it can.

Eventually I left work, when I did the weather was so horrendous that I literally was holding my umbrella perpendicular to the sidewalk in order to prevent it from turning inside out. Three blocks into my walk, juggling my bags, balancing the umbrella, struggling against the strong winds and freezing cold precipitation, I discovered myself laughing.

And like that, the clouds in my mind lifted.

No comments: