Thursday, March 31, 2005

listen to your body

That's what people tell you. Eat when you are hungry. Sleep when you are tired. Drink when you are thirsty. If you crave cheese, you must need calcium. If you crave steak, you must need iron. Simple enough concept.

I have been listening to my body. My leg got injured running the great loop Saturday before last, I have not been running. (Calf sprain, no running and icing every night is the cure.) Because I am not running, my appetite has severely declined. Score!

My favorite new by product of reduced hunger? Combos.

I have never really been a combos eater. I don't buy, and if someone would offer me one, nine times out of ten I'd decline. So two days ago I'm in a rush, and decide to have a vending machine lunch. Combos looked like a lower calorie option, and hey, they are made with real cheese! Or at least a little bit of it, anyway.

I ate the combos for lunch. And was full. And satisfied. Amazing! So I had combos for lunch again yesterday. And then for dinner. I think I have discovered the new power food! Hey, if I'm full and happy, then I'm good! After all, I should listen to my body, right?

No comments: