Wednesday, June 21, 2006

drool

Okay, you guys totally talked me into the MacBook. So as a precursor to my actual purchase I was browsing its specs, and OH MY GOD:

Budget conscious travel
Say you and your friends go on spring break. Not only can you share a hotel room, but you can share its Internet connection. How? Just plug in your MacBook and set up the Net connection. Open up System Preferences and turn on Internet sharing. Now your friends can connect over AirPort to your Mac and out to the Net. In a matter of minutes, everyone can post a photo blog entry to .Mac.


Pretty darn nifty, eh? But wait, it gets better...

Café culture
Take your study session to the local hotspot. Chances are, you’ll be able to connect to the Internet for free, or nearly free. Just take a look at the AirPort menu to see what's available. So you can do research for your next anthropology paper. Of course, taking a glance at the iTunes sharing menu will give you some data of another kind. Like if there’s anyone who shares your taste in music. Be sure to set up your shared playlists to convey just the right message.


Uh, yeah, you totally can play other people's shared music if they are in Bluetooth range.

That is not the last of it, but I can't discuss any more or my head will explode. I am experiencing Apple Consumer lust, and have no idea how I will sleep tonight.

Or maybe I should just bite the bullet and visit the 24/7 apple store a few blocks away? Heh heh heh.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Don't forget the Pearson store on the intranet - Apple products at 10-15% off!!!