Wednesday, May 04, 2005

fanatic

Last night I did cardio for an hour and a half.

An hour. And a half.

I was a bit tired afterwards.

This drive to work so hard at the gym, I believe it is fed by my lack of drive at the job. I still work really hard, put in extra hours and all. But I just don't have any goals left to achieve there. I make the money I need to get by, and sure as all out have enough responsibility now. So I funnel all that driven energy into the gym.

Obviously I have a lot of energy.

Also, I have started meditating in the mornings again. I used to do this every day back when I thought I had Crohns and could control it by keeping my stress levels down. Now I just want to find that balance I had once.

The question is - how long can I live in an unfulfilling day job and sustain it with fanatical hobby action? Maybe until the marathon. That will be four and a half hours of cardio.

No comments: