Saturday, May 28, 2005

cry me a river

No, I am not depressed. I just have watched a slew of movies and cried at every one.

Started yesterday afternoon with Crash. Wow, such an incredible film, so much ugliness in this world. With just a hint of hope.

Came home after the movie, watched oscar nominatedFinding Neverland, which REALLY got the waterworks going. Sob, sob, red puffy eyes. At this point decided meeting sailors was not likely as red rimmed gunky eyes do not attract the opposite sex well.

Decided to watch Uptown Girlson demand, please forgive me. I cannot stand Brittney Murphy, yet who was crying at the end? Yep. Must have been that Dakota Fanning. Damn child actors.

Finally rounded out the day watching Raising Helen starring Kate Hudson and yummy John Corbett. As much as I never want to be put in the position of inheriting three children, losing my corporate job and moving to queens, I cried due to sentimentality and not empathy.

I did not know I had it in me. My eyes are swollen red tomatoes. Fortunately I feel purged, washed clean with my salty tears.

Now I am off to run the upper loop with my friend Bacon. Harlem Hill awaits, oh, the challenge.

No comments: