Friday, April 08, 2005

a nice stroll

One really cool thing about New York City is that you never know what will be around the next corner.

New York has several districts - the flower district, the Persian rug district, the financial district. I know about these because at various times I have stumbled across them. I walk down a street and - surprise! - Flowers surround me; the entire street is full of flower shops. I don't know why the city is set up this way; you would think having so much competition so close would be bad for business. I don't know the reason, but it sure is neat to find little areas like that.

Tonight I walked up to Home Depot to make a purchase, and then decided to enjoy the beautiful weather and walk home. I had a few streets and avenues that I had to cross, so I walked wherever the streetlights lead me.

Suddenly I discovered a district I've never been to before. The fur district. I pass shop after shop selling fur coats and more fur coats. And people are staring at me. Why?

Well, I only bought one thing at Home Depot. A gallon of paint.

Timing is everything, isn't it?

No comments: