Saturday, August 26, 2006

super cheese

I guess this is my week to be a total schmuck. First I buy the entire Chicago catalog, and now I have sat at home today doing nothing but watching She's the Man three times in a row.

What can I say, I just love it when our media takes a Shakespearean play and then converts it to a high school drama. Ten Things I Hate About You based off of Taming of the Shrew rocked my world. And now they have done it with Twelfth Night.

It helps that these movies were really well cast. Amanda Bynes is cute and funny in a non-annoying way, that really makes quite a difference. If Lindsey Lohan or Hillary Duff had been in the movie fuhgettaboudit. Not that they would, because there is now way they would have taken one for the team and uglied down enough to really make the role work. Kudos to Ms Bynes for pulling it off.

Now to totally switch gears on you, tomorrow is my first half-marathon and I am TOTALLY stoked!!! It is also the earliest race I'll have ever done, since it starts at 7:00 and I have to be corralled by 6:30. Heh. Again, why did I go and pick a sport that requires me waking up at such ungodly hours?

One of the goodies they handed out was a pace bracelet, and I am in love. You pick your goal finish time and it breaks down your pace for each mile, taking into account elevation. Awesome. Such a good way to really gauge how I am doing! The time I picked was 2:15, even though I will be totally happy if I finish in 2:30.

Looking at the weather it is supposed to be overcast and 71 degrees, which is perfect. Too much sun or heat would definitely slow me down, and I actually enjoy running in rain so if a drop or two hit then no worries.

Ready to feel the burn!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you did it!! 2:15! (i looked you up :) wow-- amazing job!