Monday, August 07, 2006

first day

Well, today was my first day at the new job. And it was...

Fine.

Yup, that about sums it up. Really what did you expect of me, job changer extraordinaire? A little HR here, a little systems introduction there, and a whole lotta trying to get used to new meeting schedules and reporting systems.

The challenges are in the weeks to come. I know they are coming. But I have a nice credo. Okay, one of many actually:

Worry is like a rocking chair
You do a lot of work
But never get anywhere

My job is to solve problems and stuff is gonna happen. Fortunately I trust myself enough to be able to deal with them as they come. And until they do I'm just going to soak in as much knowledge as I can.

By the way, I am going to be working with some really cool books! Game on.

No comments: