Thursday, July 12, 2007

fuzz

Today I laughed a lot.

Last night I went out on the town with Spaghetti, the Jeweled Hornet, and some Jersey girl love. We hit a bar downtown and had a few martinis and even more fun.

This morning I had a mini-hangover. At this point in my life the type of hangover where I wake up and think, "thank god this is it". Dehydrated, a little tired, and that soft fog that settles over the brain.

Fortuitously last night I stopped drinking fairly early because I knew how crazy today would be. Lots of meetings and plenty of me acting and reacting. This was the kind of day where you have to be nimble, on the balls of your feet because you need to shift direction often and well.

And oh, did I.

In a normal day I always...ALWAYS have something playing in the background. NPR or my ipod most of the time. If it is too quiet I get restless and distracted.

Which is what made today so interesting. The hangover provided a natural background buzz. This was a day where I was on my game, floating like a butterfly and stinging like a bee.

The real surprise came from how much more I enjoyed life. I was more relaxed, just let life wash over me a little bit more. By god I think everyone appreciated my good mood.

It is one thing to be a happy drunk, but a happy hangover? Who knew?

No comments: