Thursday, February 15, 2007

perspective

Honestly, that news yesterday about my ex getting engaged threw me for a loop. For half a minute.

Why?

It has been over six years since we broke up. I was totally fine being single on Valentine's Day just minutes earlier. Now I'm angry.

Why?

What is the point of telling me on this of all days? There are four days you should not tell an ex about your new engagement - New Years, Christmas, your birthday, and Valentine's. No matter what it is going to be hard to hear, but why aggravate the situation? Now I'm sad.

Why?

How am I not with someone yet? What is wrong with me, can't I fall in love again? Did I give up having love in my life by leaving Michigan? Now I'm alone.

Why?

Why does hearing this news matter? I CHOSE New York. I CHOSE to have this amazing life, to prove myself in the publishing world, to run a marathon, to have a fantastic set of friends and incredible adventures. I CHOSE to put dating at the bottom of my list of priorities.

Why?

Because that is who I am. And I am a rockstar...who's path is all her own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rock On Rockstar!