Monday, February 12, 2007

denial

In my email inbox today I received the official notification that I am eligible to enter the 2007 ING NYC Marathon.

Why in gods name am I actually considering it? All that pain, all that work and time and effort, what is it that makes you want to do it again?

Maybe it is disbelief that I did it the first time. Maybe it is a drive to increase my speed. Maybe it is an addiction to the glory. I don't know.

Look at Lance Armstrong, he said it was the hardest thing he has ever done in his life, and he wants to do it again.

I have several months to keep this urge in limbo. Try to come back to my senses and be a spectator not a participator.

But it is tempting to sign up. Aaaaaaaaargh!!

1 comment:

ctina said...

Hmmm, sounds like you are considering. Could it be the challenge? The arenaline? The TV coverage? The free beer? Or, all of the above?