Sunday, April 20, 2008

miracle healer

HOLY CRAP MY KNEE JUST POPPED AND IS ENTIRELY BETTER!!!!

Yes I'm shouting. After a week of barely being able to walk and completely not being able to go up or down stairs my knee works again.

While unpacking I used a chair to put something up on top of my kitchen cabinets, and instead of very gingerly setting down on my bad leg I let it take a little more pressure. Right afterwards it hurt so badly I could not walk at all, and all I could think was "Why why why did it have to get worse again??"

So I sat my ass down on the couch and drank my coffee. When I got up a half hour later...no pain. But then I thought maybe it was a fluke. Which meant as an empirical being I had to test it. On the stairs.

Oh the reticence. You have no idea how much pain going down stairs has been this last week. Okay, maybe some of you do. So I was a little gun shy. But it had to be done. I walked out my front door, went down two steps...

And nothing!! At which point I ran up and down some more steps in glee. Free at last! Free at last! Thank god almighty I'm free at last!!

Not that I'm going to go running or anything today. Obviously somebody needs to strengthen some muscles so the knee doesn't go popping right back out again.

Ah, such a relief. Now I can finish taking out the garbage at the old place in a half an hour instead of two hours. Going up and down stairs with one good leg takes a LONG DAMN TIME.

No comments: