Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Gimpy McGimpalot

Sorry for the lack of posting. Bet you all thought my recent resurgence was a fluke. But it wasn't! Just had some friends in from out of town. From Las Vegas and Detroit respectively.

Plenty of fun was had. Including a little jaunt in Central Park. Now I have been running for the last four weeks, doing the whole one minute run - one minute walk shebang. Weekend before last I did the loop in the park with no negative effects.

This weekend? Yep, busted my knee up again.

Being a gimp really put a damper on being a tour guide. Luckily doses of booze and plenty of guitar hero helped ease the pain. But now my right knee is twice the size of the left and climbing the stairs is quite an interesting experience.

The latest injury is entirely different from the last. Before I had no issues with stairs and it was more of an all-over pervasive pain. This time I cannot ascend or descent steps and every now and then I get a really sharp pain in my knee that stops me short. And if I kick something on accident?

Forget about it.

So R.I.C.E. it is for me. (rest, ice, compression, elevation) until I can get back to my joint doc. This definitely will make packing a challenge. Moving not so much, because of course once again I have movers. Thank the gods.

No comments: