Monday, December 17, 2007

withholding

So I was thinking forward a week from now when the parental interrogation is to take place. You know - how the job is, what exciting is going on with the glamorous NYC life, if I am seeing anyone...

This made me grin, because now when I say, "I date on occasion…it happens!" I can even say "Just this past week I went out to dinner with hurry date guy"

Then of course they say "hurry date guy who?"

Oh crap. Dude, I so don't know this guy's last name! Not all that surprising, the whole speed-dating thing doesn't get much past what you do and where you live. Remembering more is a challenge. And to be honest even when I meet a guy at a bar I am lucky if I remember his first name at all when the night is over.

But it brings up another question - when do you give and receive last names? Hell, I haven't even given this guy my email address yet, we are communicating through the dating site still.

Honestly, I'm a little hesitant to give my proper name as of yet. What if this guy is a loony? Specifically not in a good way? But on the other hand, if you are going out on a date shouldn't you know more about them in CASE they are unstable and your friends need to track down them should something go awry?

Guess either way you could lose. It comes down to trust. Or luck. You choose.

In the meantime - if I'm still enjoying myself by desert I think I'll do the information exchange. Because that will clear the way for me to over theorize about the whole third date thing.

Lordy. It just keeps on keeping on.

No comments: