Saturday, August 04, 2007

halos

Being good is boring.

It has been two weeks since I had a drop of alcohol. I'm dying here. And watching a kazillion episodes of Rescue Me has not been helping.

Tomorrow is the half marathon, and I am paranoid as hell about it. I know I can go the distance, but holy jesus on the cross it is going to be hot, humid, and sunny. Oh, and I have to be at the park by 6 am. Yes, that would be SIX IN THE MOTHER FUCKING MORNGING.

You all know me, I'm as positive as they come. But this is going to be a bitch.

So I'm doing everything in my power to make sure I'm as hydrated as possible. I'm skipping a sure to be kick ass engagement party (Yay Meg Kakfel and Mr Meg Kafel!!) because it starts at 7:30 and I'm afraid I'll stay out too late or be tempted to eat or drink something that will surely be my downfall.

Would it be wrong to finish the race and then immediately walk into a bar and order a shot of whiskey? Oh, but bars can't serve alcohol until noon on sundays and I'll be done running around 9:30 or so.

Ugh, so here I am eating healthy all week and especially today. Counting down the hours until I can party like a rockstar again. This is it people, I'm done with distance running for a while. A few 5K's and 10K's maybe, to keep my speed up. But I'm ready to start having some adventures again.

All the training and long runs have been really taking too much of my time and energy. My social life has been weak. Enough is enough, I'm bored with it already.

No more ms goody two shoes. Rockstar is ready to play.

No comments: