Monday, May 17, 2010

discipline

Well here I am, a month away from the race that I decided I'm going to PR in. And how am I doing?

Ha.

Somewhere I lost my motivation again. I've been running only about two times a week. Which isn't much.

And it showed. My time for Saturday's 10k wasn't bad, it was just plain average. A typical race. Which means I'm going to need to get my ass back in gear.

First change I'm making? A pledge to run every single day until the June 12th 10k. Even if it is just a mile. Every day.

For 'real' runners this isn't a thang. They run that often anyway. For them missing a run makes for a sluggish day. But I've never really been that guy. Even when training for the 2006 marathon I was only running 3 days a week.

To help me along on my quest to be an every day runner I also invested some cashola in a running class. I've never done the group running thing before, but now I'll be doing it two nights a week for the next ten weeks.

Will the competition give me that extra motivation? Hope so.

No comments: