Saturday, November 15, 2008

transformation

Earlier this week I was catching up with Kzoo Jen, talking about our upcoming trip to the Canary Islands and our lives and whatnot when she asked if all this yoga was making me more spiritual.

Funny, I hadn't really given it much thought. But to my own surprise I actually responded 'yes'.

It is kind of hard not to feel a little more centered and enlightened after spending hours a week meditating and focusing on chakras and energy. Sure, sometimes the stuff we discuss is a little out there and woo-woo. Every now and then I find myself thinking to myself 'you gotta be kidding me' when we are told to flow with the energy in the room.

But it isn't just the meditation. The actual physical practice not only has made me physically stronger, more flexible, and improved my balance, but also has a way of clearing my head. Something about asana moves all the fluids around in a way that makes me think better.

That sounds kind of weird and is hard to describe, obviously. Yet it is so true. So the new found clarity combined with some age old wisdom found in the sutras really has helped me to grow.

So three weeks away from my certification am I almost a yogi? Maybe, just maybe, I am. Shanti shanti shanit, namaste.

Ohm. :)

No comments: