Thursday, November 06, 2008

hope revisited

Today I went and saw my new orthopedic surgeon. All it took was five minutes of me detailing my saga and review of my MRI report. The doc asked a couple questions, tested out my knee, and then immediately jumped into what would should I choose to have my knee scoped.

I am now officially scheduled for an Anthroscopy on Dec 15th to repair my knee.

Hooray!! This doctor rocks, he told me everything that could be found and gave me hope. I may be able to be fixed! At some point I may run again!! (Would I take on another marathon? Ooh, I don't know about that one.)

It is an outpatient surgery, two little holes in my knee with a couple of stitches each. A couple weeks of light activity and I'm quite possibly back in business.

God, it was such a relief to hear positivity. I've been so used to doctors telling me what I can't do, and that I just need to accept my fate. It has been crazy hard for me to just give up!

It sounds loony with my medical history, but this is the first time I have ever done the whole second opinion thing. I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

ctina said...

YAY!