Thursday, July 17, 2008

fun trivia

One of my top five favorite movies of all time is M*A*S*H*

Not exactly the same as the TV show. Actually, the sitcom has some storylines that totally are opposite to those in the movie.

Yes. Really.

For example in the TV show Hawkeye tried to free the Korean boy from servitude. In the movie? Pshaw.

I'm not knocking the sitcom, it was really awesome. I'm just saying the movie was better.
....................

But let me show you what I really mean.

You know that catchy theme song? C'mon, you know. If not, just check out a rerun on cable. One is always on.

Know what the original lyrics to the song are?

No??

Why let me tell you....

Lyrics to the song 'Suicide is Painless'

Through early morning fog I see

visions of the things to be

the pains that are withheld for me

I realize and I can see...


[REFRAIN]:

that suicide is painless

It brings on many changes

and I can take or leave it if I please.

I try to find a way to make

all our little joys relate

without that ever-present hate

but now I know that it's too late, and...


[REFRAIN]

The game of life is hard to play

I'm gonna lose it anyway

The losing card I'll someday lay

so this is all I have to say.


[REFRAIN]

The only way to win is cheat

And lay it down before I'm beat

and to another give my seat

for that's the only painless feat.


[REFRAIN]

The sword of time will pierce our skins

It doesn't hurt when it begins

But as it works its way on in

The pain grows stronger...watch it grin, but...


[REFRAIN]

A brave man once requested me

to answer questions that are key

is it to be or not to be

and I replied 'oh why ask me?'


[REFRAIN]

'Cause suicide is painless

it brings on many changes

and I can take or leave it if I please.

...and you can do the same thing if you please.


................

OK, maybe I have a dark sense of humor. Maybe. You think?

No comments: