Monday, May 23, 2011

first day!

My walk to work took ten minutes, my computer was installed at about 11:00 am, and the two women I share my office with were very nice.

As my boss is out until Wednesday I'm kind of treading water.  From what I gather the role I'm filling is really needed and people are really excited I'm there.  Now if I could only find out what I'm doing, I'll be all set!

On a less happy note I was reminded that I've been spoiled the last couple of years.  When I started at S&S often I worked until seven or eight pm.  But the last couple of years my schedule was much more manageable, often I left between five and six.  At the new gig the corporate culture is all about the nine to ten hour workdays.  AND people bring their laptops home to work more.

Granted I won't even notice the long hours as long as I am busy.  And don't forget how much I love to work hard on a problem.   Then I'd be working late anyhoo.

Now I don't know what this will do to my running.  Since historically I run after work, but outside before the sun goes down.  Guess we'll see soon enough!

No comments: