Tuesday, February 02, 2010

what are you waiting for?

For as long as I can remember I have wanted to travel to Ireland.

Call it familial pride, or cultural curiosity. Or maybe even an insatiable thirst for Guinness. Who knows. For whatever reason when people have asked me "if you could travel anywhere where would you go?" the answer has been the same. The Emerald Isle. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

So why haven't I been there yet?

Well, I was broke through my 20's. Totally my own fault. Switching majors and careers as often as I did wasn't the best way to accumulate cash. And the money I did make paid for college and rent.

As for the first half of my 30's? Yep, still broke. Moving to NYC will do that to ya. Especially if you are as hard headed as me and decide you have to live in Manhattan. So I worked my two jobs until the first paid me juuuuuuust enough to quit the second.

It was such a relief to finally get and use my passport last year. Seriously, I've come to the point where I'm almost embarrassed when the subject of world travel comes up on dates. Because it seems like a gaping hole in my life experience.

So here I am approaching another birthday. Another year older. Haven't put a stamp in my passport since January 2nd 2009.

What the hell am I waiting for? Well as a matter of fact I'm glad you asked.

Nothing.

I booked my trip!! That's right, I'm going to Dublin. Plane fares and hotel rates are cheap. The weather is warmer than NYC. And I get to celebrate my birthday doing something I've always dreamed of. (And valentines day too, that sure takes the sting out of being single!)

I'M GOING TO IRELAND I'M GOING TO IRELAND I'M GOING TO IRELAND!!!!!!

Not that I'm excited or anything. *joy*

5 comments:

Dev said...

And is India next??? Would love to have you come out while we are still here!

Bridget Rockstar!! said...

Still working on it! This is a quick mini trip, there is plenty of vaca time left for your continent!!

Hools said...

YEAHHHHH!!!! Have a great time!! Take lots of pictures!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ctina said...

happy birthday to you! that's awesome...